Today I learnt some valuable information that I would like to share because it kind of blew my mind, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who didn't even realise this!
If you pick up a makeup item and have a look at the back of it you will see a symbol that looks like a container and has a number on it. This number represents the number of months that the product is good for. Like an expiration date.
|= 12 Months|
Here are the numbers of some products relating to this:
- Shampoo 12
- Face wash 24
- Make up wipes 6
- Mascara 6 (2-3 months is more hygienic)
- Liquid foundation 6-12 (Pump dispensers can be longer because less exposure to germs)
- Powder foundation 24
- Blush 24
- Bronzer 24
- Setting powder 24
- Eye shadow 12-24
- Lipstick 24 (can prolong hygiene because easy to wipe or even cut) DO NOT SHARE or try out the testers! So many germs!
- Lip gloss 18
- Lip liner 24
- Eye liner 24 (can prolong hygiene because of sharpening)
- Liquid eyeliner 6
- Liquid and cream eye shadow 6-12
Of course you may find different brands or products last a different amount but this is a pretty good guideline.
I am kind of a makeup hoarder, I have so much makeup and hardly get through it (especially lipsticks!) I am doing better - I promise!
What is your makeup collection like?